Jul 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
As the A’s heat up, it’s worth noting that one of the biggest reasons for it has been their biggest offseason acquisition: Yoenis Cespedes.
All of the A’s did great against the Blue Jays last night, but Cespedes had a particularly nice evening: two doubles, a walk, two runs scored two RBI and a stolen base. Since the All-Star break, he’s 21-for-44 (.477) with eight extra-base hits and 14 RBI. Overall he’s hitting .302/.361/.533 with 13 homers and 50 RBI.
Not bad for a guy who’s only making $6.5 million this year. And who anyone could’ve had a few short months ago.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 4
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 20
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 7
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 5
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 33
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 80
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (80)