Jul 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
As the A’s heat up, it’s worth noting that one of the biggest reasons for it has been their biggest offseason acquisition: Yoenis Cespedes.
All of the A’s did great against the Blue Jays last night, but Cespedes had a particularly nice evening: two doubles, a walk, two runs scored two RBI and a stolen base. Since the All-Star break, he’s 21-for-44 (.477) with eight extra-base hits and 14 RBI. Overall he’s hitting .302/.361/.533 with 13 homers and 50 RBI.
Not bad for a guy who’s only making $6.5 million this year. And who anyone could’ve had a few short months ago.
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 0
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 2
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 35
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)