Jul 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
As the A’s heat up, it’s worth noting that one of the biggest reasons for it has been their biggest offseason acquisition: Yoenis Cespedes.
All of the A’s did great against the Blue Jays last night, but Cespedes had a particularly nice evening: two doubles, a walk, two runs scored two RBI and a stolen base. Since the All-Star break, he’s 21-for-44 (.477) with eight extra-base hits and 14 RBI. Overall he’s hitting .302/.361/.533 with 13 homers and 50 RBI.
Not bad for a guy who’s only making $6.5 million this year. And who anyone could’ve had a few short months ago.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (161)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)