Jul 26, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
As the A’s heat up, it’s worth noting that one of the biggest reasons for it has been their biggest offseason acquisition: Yoenis Cespedes.
All of the A’s did great against the Blue Jays last night, but Cespedes had a particularly nice evening: two doubles, a walk, two runs scored two RBI and a stolen base. Since the All-Star break, he’s 21-for-44 (.477) with eight extra-base hits and 14 RBI. Overall he’s hitting .302/.361/.533 with 13 homers and 50 RBI.
Not bad for a guy who’s only making $6.5 million this year. And who anyone could’ve had a few short months ago.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (293)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)