Jul 27, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
Delmon Young is having another disappointing season, hitting just .269 with a .296 on-base percentage and .407 slugging percentage in 90 games for the Tigers while being paid $6.75 million.
Once a top prospect, Young is now 26 years old with 3,335 career plate appearances in the majors and a .425 slugging percentage, which is pretty awful for a bad defensive corner outfielder who also has a .318 on-base percentage.
However, all of that matters little compared to the glorious mustache Young has been working on and unveiled in all its glory last night:
And, yes, this is a slow afternoon for news, but it’s also a helluva mustache.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 25
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 80
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 14
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 143
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)