Jul 27, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Delmon Young is having another disappointing season, hitting just .269 with a .296 on-base percentage and .407 slugging percentage in 90 games for the Tigers while being paid $6.75 million.
Once a top prospect, Young is now 26 years old with 3,335 career plate appearances in the majors and a .425 slugging percentage, which is pretty awful for a bad defensive corner outfielder who also has a .318 on-base percentage.
However, all of that matters little compared to the glorious mustache Young has been working on and unveiled in all its glory last night:
And, yes, this is a slow afternoon for news, but it’s also a helluva mustache.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 10
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 66
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 72
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)