Jul 27, 2012, 2:52 PM EDT
Delmon Young is having another disappointing season, hitting just .269 with a .296 on-base percentage and .407 slugging percentage in 90 games for the Tigers while being paid $6.75 million.
Once a top prospect, Young is now 26 years old with 3,335 career plate appearances in the majors and a .425 slugging percentage, which is pretty awful for a bad defensive corner outfielder who also has a .318 on-base percentage.
However, all of that matters little compared to the glorious mustache Young has been working on and unveiled in all its glory last night:
And, yes, this is a slow afternoon for news, but it’s also a helluva mustache.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)