Jul 27, 2012, 2:52 PM EST
Delmon Young is having another disappointing season, hitting just .269 with a .296 on-base percentage and .407 slugging percentage in 90 games for the Tigers while being paid $6.75 million.
Once a top prospect, Young is now 26 years old with 3,335 career plate appearances in the majors and a .425 slugging percentage, which is pretty awful for a bad defensive corner outfielder who also has a .318 on-base percentage.
However, all of that matters little compared to the glorious mustache Young has been working on and unveiled in all its glory last night:
And, yes, this is a slow afternoon for news, but it’s also a helluva mustache.
- Video: Watch Matt Harvey’s return to action against the Tigers 3
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 23
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 36
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 147
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)