Jul 27, 2012, 3:55 PM EDT
UPDATE: Our 45-minute national nightmare is over:
Update: Wally the Green Monster has been found.
— Boston Police Dept. (@Boston_Police) July 27, 2012
3:20 PM: What in the name of Bruno Hauptmann …
BREAKING NEWS: Wally the Green Monster has been stolen from Fenway. Officers are searching for the mascot now. Details to come.
— Boston.com News (@BostonDotCom) July 27, 2012
Hopefully it’s just the costume and not the sweaty, underpaid college kid inside of it too.
Either way, thoughts, prayers, etc.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (159)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)