Jul 27, 2012, 3:55 PM EDT
UPDATE: Our 45-minute national nightmare is over:
Update: Wally the Green Monster has been found.
— Boston Police Dept. (@Boston_Police) July 27, 2012
3:20 PM: What in the name of Bruno Hauptmann …
BREAKING NEWS: Wally the Green Monster has been stolen from Fenway. Officers are searching for the mascot now. Details to come.
— Boston.com News (@BostonDotCom) July 27, 2012
Hopefully it’s just the costume and not the sweaty, underpaid college kid inside of it too.
Either way, thoughts, prayers, etc.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 32
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 64
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 116
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 107
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (116)