Jul 27, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Kinda seems like the Dodgers have showed some interest in everyone in the past week or so. It’s almost like they’re as interested in generating local buzz for being active at the deadline as they are at improving the team. Hey, their club. They can do what they want.
Dodgers, who still want to add a bat, also have some interest in Justin Morneau
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 27, 2012
Morneau is still not his old self — indeed, after a really nice May he has regressed some — but he’s an upgrade over James Loney. I mean, he still can hit righties at a pretty good clip. So it could make some sense. For the Twins, relief from any of the $14 million Morneau is owed next year would be a good thing.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 10
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 28
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)