Jul 27, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Kinda seems like the Dodgers have showed some interest in everyone in the past week or so. It’s almost like they’re as interested in generating local buzz for being active at the deadline as they are at improving the team. Hey, their club. They can do what they want.
Dodgers, who still want to add a bat, also have some interest in Justin Morneau
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 27, 2012
Morneau is still not his old self — indeed, after a really nice May he has regressed some — but he’s an upgrade over James Loney. I mean, he still can hit righties at a pretty good clip. So it could make some sense. For the Twins, relief from any of the $14 million Morneau is owed next year would be a good thing.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 222
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)