Jul 27, 2012, 1:31 PM EST
Kinda seems like the Dodgers have showed some interest in everyone in the past week or so. It’s almost like they’re as interested in generating local buzz for being active at the deadline as they are at improving the team. Hey, their club. They can do what they want.
Dodgers, who still want to add a bat, also have some interest in Justin Morneau
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 27, 2012
Morneau is still not his old self — indeed, after a really nice May he has regressed some — but he’s an upgrade over James Loney. I mean, he still can hit righties at a pretty good clip. So it could make some sense. For the Twins, relief from any of the $14 million Morneau is owed next year would be a good thing.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)