Jul 27, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Kinda seems like the Dodgers have showed some interest in everyone in the past week or so. It’s almost like they’re as interested in generating local buzz for being active at the deadline as they are at improving the team. Hey, their club. They can do what they want.
Dodgers, who still want to add a bat, also have some interest in Justin Morneau
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 27, 2012
Morneau is still not his old self — indeed, after a really nice May he has regressed some — but he’s an upgrade over James Loney. I mean, he still can hit righties at a pretty good clip. So it could make some sense. For the Twins, relief from any of the $14 million Morneau is owed next year would be a good thing.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 77
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47