Jul 28, 2012, 1:32 PM EDT
Frank Francisco‘s rehab assignment was delayed earlier this week due to a right knee injury, but he’s now on track to rejoin the Mets when they begin a three-game series Monday in San Francisco.
According to Adam Rubin of ESPNNewYork.com, Francisco allowed one hit while throwing 21 pitches in a scoreless inning yesterday in his second rehab appearance with Double-A Binghamton. It’s a good sign, as he was a little rusty in his first appearance Wednesday, where he gave up one run on three hits and a walk over two-thirds of an inning. He’s expected to make his third appearance today, which should clear the way for his activation.
Francisco has been on the disabled list since June 23 with a strained left oblique. He had a minor setback with the oblique earlier this month and required a cortisone shot to relieve discomfort in his right knee earlier this week.
Francisco, 32, has compiled a 4.97 ERA and 31/14 K/BB ratio over 29 innings this season while converting 18 out of 21 save opportunities. Bobby Parnell is currently serving as the closer, but he should move back into a set-up role up Francisco’s return.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)