Jul 28, 2012, 10:03 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer has the goods:
Joey Votto has not yet resumed baseball activities — other than throwing some — but he’ll likely start Monday when the team returns home.
“Ideally,” said trainer Paul Lessard.
Votto has played games of catch and done some light running but has yet to truly test his surgically-repaired left knee. If all goes well in his workouts, the 28-year-old first baseman could be back in the Reds’ starting lineup by the second week of August.
Votto was batting .342/.465/.604 with 14 homers and 49 RBI in 86 games before going under the knife.
The Reds are a surprising 9-2 in his absence and are currently leading the Rockies at Coors Field.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)