Jul 28, 2012, 10:03 PM EDT
John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer has the goods:
Joey Votto has not yet resumed baseball activities — other than throwing some — but he’ll likely start Monday when the team returns home.
“Ideally,” said trainer Paul Lessard.
Votto has played games of catch and done some light running but has yet to truly test his surgically-repaired left knee. If all goes well in his workouts, the 28-year-old first baseman could be back in the Reds’ starting lineup by the second week of August.
Votto was batting .342/.465/.604 with 14 homers and 49 RBI in 86 games before going under the knife.
The Reds are a surprising 9-2 in his absence and are currently leading the Rockies at Coors Field.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 2
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 38
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)