Jul 28, 2012, 10:12 AM EDT
Hamilton went 0-for-4 in last night’s 9-5 loss to the White Sox. While he at least contributed with a sacrifice fly and an RBI ground out, a smattering of boos could be heard after he struck out in the third and fifth innings.
According to Drew Davison of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Hamilton wasn’t happy about being booed in his home ballpark, but acknowledged that it comes with the territory.
“Yeah, I noticed but it’s all about what have you done for me lately, no matter who you are,” Hamilton said. “That’s what it is. There are more fans that are still cheering and encouraging me than the ones that are booing.
“I pray for the ones that are [booing] and I appreciate the support of the other ones.”
Hamilton, who has fought addiction his entire career, has heard plenty from fans across the country. But what did he make of the hometown crowd booing him?
“It’s disappointing,” he said.
Hamilton paused and repeated: “It’s disappointing. It is. I’ll leave it at that.”
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 5
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (250)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)