Jul 29, 2012, 6:06 PM EDT
It was the third homer in four games for Rizzo, who finished the day 3-for-4.
The 22-year-old Rizzo has been streaky since getting the callup a month ago. He had four homers and nine RBI in his first 10 games with the club and then had a stretch of 13 games in which he had no homers and just one RBI. Now during the current four-game stretch, he’s 7-for-15 with seven RBI.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 54
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 8
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 36
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 11
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 26
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)