Jul 29, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
“My head’s like spinning everyday.”
He had a stomach virus, but got some good rest while a Harper-less Washington club took down Milwaukee 4-1 and arrived back at Miller Park on Sunday morning feeling refreshed.
So he’s back in action, tweets Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, batting second in the Nats’ series-finale against the Brewers.
Harper is hitting .265/.338/.435 with nine home runs and 29 RBI through the first 79 games of his major league career. The Nationals are 60-40 — four games up in the National League East standings.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 3
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 32
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 9
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 71
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 51
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)