Jul 29, 2012, 12:12 PM EST
“My head’s like spinning everyday.”
He had a stomach virus, but got some good rest while a Harper-less Washington club took down Milwaukee 4-1 and arrived back at Miller Park on Sunday morning feeling refreshed.
So he’s back in action, tweets Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, batting second in the Nats’ series-finale against the Brewers.
Harper is hitting .265/.338/.435 with nine home runs and 29 RBI through the first 79 games of his major league career. The Nationals are 60-40 — four games up in the National League East standings.
- Troy Tulowitzki trade between the Rockies and Mets is “not happening” 0
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 21
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 15
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)