Jul 29, 2012, 12:12 PM EDT
“My head’s like spinning everyday.”
He had a stomach virus, but got some good rest while a Harper-less Washington club took down Milwaukee 4-1 and arrived back at Miller Park on Sunday morning feeling refreshed.
So he’s back in action, tweets Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post, batting second in the Nats’ series-finale against the Brewers.
Harper is hitting .265/.338/.435 with nine home runs and 29 RBI through the first 79 games of his major league career. The Nationals are 60-40 — four games up in the National League East standings.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)