Jul 29, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the 24-year-old outfielder has been placed on the 15-day disabled list and could need season-ending surgery to repair a torn patellar tendon in his right knee.
The injury was first revealed in May by an MRI. He’s tried to play through the discomfort, but it hasn’t worked out very well.
LoMo owns a weak .230/.308/.399 batting line with 11 home runs and 36 RBI through 93 games played this season. He batted .247/.330/.468 with 23 home runs last year and .283/.390/.447 in 2010.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)