Jul 29, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the 24-year-old outfielder has been placed on the 15-day disabled list and could need season-ending surgery to repair a torn patellar tendon in his right knee.
The injury was first revealed in May by an MRI. He’s tried to play through the discomfort, but it hasn’t worked out very well.
LoMo owns a weak .230/.308/.399 batting line with 11 home runs and 36 RBI through 93 games played this season. He batted .247/.330/.468 with 23 home runs last year and .283/.390/.447 in 2010.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)