Jul 29, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the 24-year-old outfielder has been placed on the 15-day disabled list and could need season-ending surgery to repair a torn patellar tendon in his right knee.
The injury was first revealed in May by an MRI. He’s tried to play through the discomfort, but it hasn’t worked out very well.
LoMo owns a weak .230/.308/.399 batting line with 11 home runs and 36 RBI through 93 games played this season. He batted .247/.330/.468 with 23 home runs last year and .283/.390/.447 in 2010.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 57
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)