Jul 29, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the 24-year-old outfielder has been placed on the 15-day disabled list and could need season-ending surgery to repair a torn patellar tendon in his right knee.
The injury was first revealed in May by an MRI. He’s tried to play through the discomfort, but it hasn’t worked out very well.
LoMo owns a weak .230/.308/.399 batting line with 11 home runs and 36 RBI through 93 games played this season. He batted .247/.330/.468 with 23 home runs last year and .283/.390/.447 in 2010.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 7
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 5
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)