Jul 29, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
The Reds’ legendary broadcaster Marty Brennaman will be sporting a new look a week from now. The 70-year-old Ford C. Frick Award winner pledged earlier this year that he’d shave his head for a 10-game winning streak, and the Reds came through with one Sunday by beating the Rockies 7-2.
Before today’s game, Brennaman said he’d get the cut Friday in the Reds clubhouse if the team was able to finish off the sweep. Homer Bailey has volunteered to do the honors.
The Reds are 61-40, tying them with the Nationals for the game’s best record. They’re on pace for 98 wins, which would be their highest total since the Big Red Machine won 102 games in 1976.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)