Jul 29, 2012, 7:35 PM EDT
The Reds’ legendary broadcaster Marty Brennaman will be sporting a new look a week from now. The 70-year-old Ford C. Frick Award winner pledged earlier this year that he’d shave his head for a 10-game winning streak, and the Reds came through with one Sunday by beating the Rockies 7-2.
Before today’s game, Brennaman said he’d get the cut Friday in the Reds clubhouse if the team was able to finish off the sweep. Homer Bailey has volunteered to do the honors.
The Reds are 61-40, tying them with the Nationals for the game’s best record. They’re on pace for 98 wins, which would be their highest total since the Big Red Machine won 102 games in 1976.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (115)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)