Jul 29, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
The Reds’ legendary broadcaster Marty Brennaman will be sporting a new look a week from now. The 70-year-old Ford C. Frick Award winner pledged earlier this year that he’d shave his head for a 10-game winning streak, and the Reds came through with one Sunday by beating the Rockies 7-2.
Before today’s game, Brennaman said he’d get the cut Friday in the Reds clubhouse if the team was able to finish off the sweep. Homer Bailey has volunteered to do the honors.
The Reds are 61-40, tying them with the Nationals for the game’s best record. They’re on pace for 98 wins, which would be their highest total since the Big Red Machine won 102 games in 1976.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)