Jul 29, 2012, 7:35 PM EST
The Reds’ legendary broadcaster Marty Brennaman will be sporting a new look a week from now. The 70-year-old Ford C. Frick Award winner pledged earlier this year that he’d shave his head for a 10-game winning streak, and the Reds came through with one Sunday by beating the Rockies 7-2.
Before today’s game, Brennaman said he’d get the cut Friday in the Reds clubhouse if the team was able to finish off the sweep. Homer Bailey has volunteered to do the honors.
The Reds are 61-40, tying them with the Nationals for the game’s best record. They’re on pace for 98 wins, which would be their highest total since the Big Red Machine won 102 games in 1976.
- Report: Giants close to acquiring Casey McGehee from Marlins 4
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 53
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)