Jul 29, 2012, 3:13 PM EST
There is not an MRI scheduled and Trout is listed as day-to-day. He’ll aim to return Monday night for the opening of a four-game set with the Rangers.
The 20-year-old American League MVP candidate is batting .350/.407/.594 with 16 homers, 20 doubles, five triples, 31 stolen bases and 49 RBI through 79 games played this season. He suffered the bruised knee while going after a ball at the center field wall on Saturday.
It’s sort of a shallow stat, but Anaheim is 47-32 this season when Trout plays and 8-14 when he does not.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (87)