Jul 29, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
There is not an MRI scheduled and Trout is listed as day-to-day. He’ll aim to return Monday night for the opening of a four-game set with the Rangers.
The 20-year-old American League MVP candidate is batting .350/.407/.594 with 16 homers, 20 doubles, five triples, 31 stolen bases and 49 RBI through 79 games played this season. He suffered the bruised knee while going after a ball at the center field wall on Saturday.
It’s sort of a shallow stat, but Anaheim is 47-32 this season when Trout plays and 8-14 when he does not.
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 0
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 5
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 20
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 23
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 84
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)