Jul 29, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
There is not an MRI scheduled and Trout is listed as day-to-day. He’ll aim to return Monday night for the opening of a four-game set with the Rangers.
The 20-year-old American League MVP candidate is batting .350/.407/.594 with 16 homers, 20 doubles, five triples, 31 stolen bases and 49 RBI through 79 games played this season. He suffered the bruised knee while going after a ball at the center field wall on Saturday.
It’s sort of a shallow stat, but Anaheim is 47-32 this season when Trout plays and 8-14 when he does not.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (76)