Jul 29, 2012, 3:13 PM EDT
There is not an MRI scheduled and Trout is listed as day-to-day. He’ll aim to return Monday night for the opening of a four-game set with the Rangers.
The 20-year-old American League MVP candidate is batting .350/.407/.594 with 16 homers, 20 doubles, five triples, 31 stolen bases and 49 RBI through 79 games played this season. He suffered the bruised knee while going after a ball at the center field wall on Saturday.
It’s sort of a shallow stat, but Anaheim is 47-32 this season when Trout plays and 8-14 when he does not.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)