Jul 29, 2012, 3:13 PM EST
There is not an MRI scheduled and Trout is listed as day-to-day. He’ll aim to return Monday night for the opening of a four-game set with the Rangers.
The 20-year-old American League MVP candidate is batting .350/.407/.594 with 16 homers, 20 doubles, five triples, 31 stolen bases and 49 RBI through 79 games played this season. He suffered the bruised knee while going after a ball at the center field wall on Saturday.
It’s sort of a shallow stat, but Anaheim is 47-32 this season when Trout plays and 8-14 when he does not.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)