Jul 29, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
With elbow injuries, where there’s smoke there’s usually a raging fire. Which is why there is reason to be very concerned about the Rangers’ Neftali Feliz.
He was scratched from a rehab start Sunday at Double-A Frisco because of renewed elbow discomfort, writes MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, and there is “no word yet on when he will pitch again.”
Feliz has been on the disabled list since late May with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament, an injury that often leads to Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. If he needs it, he’ll be out until at least August of 2013.
Feliz, 24, had a 3.16 ERA and 1.20 WHIP in 42 2/3 innings before suffering the UCL sprain.
He owns a stellar 2.67 career ERA and has fanned 201 batters in 205 1/3 total major league frames.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)