Jul 29, 2012, 12:40 PM EST
With elbow injuries, where there’s smoke there’s usually a raging fire. Which is why there is reason to be very concerned about the Rangers’ Neftali Feliz.
He was scratched from a rehab start Sunday at Double-A Frisco because of renewed elbow discomfort, writes MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, and there is “no word yet on when he will pitch again.”
Feliz has been on the disabled list since late May with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament, an injury that often leads to Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. If he needs it, he’ll be out until at least August of 2013.
Feliz, 24, had a 3.16 ERA and 1.20 WHIP in 42 2/3 innings before suffering the UCL sprain.
He owns a stellar 2.67 career ERA and has fanned 201 batters in 205 1/3 total major league frames.
- Report: Starlin Castro detained in connection with shooting in Dominican Republic 4
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (243)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)