Jul 29, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
With elbow injuries, where there’s smoke there’s usually a raging fire. Which is why there is reason to be very concerned about the Rangers’ Neftali Feliz.
He was scratched from a rehab start Sunday at Double-A Frisco because of renewed elbow discomfort, writes MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, and there is “no word yet on when he will pitch again.”
Feliz has been on the disabled list since late May with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament, an injury that often leads to Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. If he needs it, he’ll be out until at least August of 2013.
Feliz, 24, had a 3.16 ERA and 1.20 WHIP in 42 2/3 innings before suffering the UCL sprain.
He owns a stellar 2.67 career ERA and has fanned 201 batters in 205 1/3 total major league frames.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 70
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)