Jul 29, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
With elbow injuries, where there’s smoke there’s usually a raging fire. Which is why there is reason to be very concerned about the Rangers’ Neftali Feliz.
He was scratched from a rehab start Sunday at Double-A Frisco because of renewed elbow discomfort, writes MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, and there is “no word yet on when he will pitch again.”
Feliz has been on the disabled list since late May with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament, an injury that often leads to Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. If he needs it, he’ll be out until at least August of 2013.
Feliz, 24, had a 3.16 ERA and 1.20 WHIP in 42 2/3 innings before suffering the UCL sprain.
He owns a stellar 2.67 career ERA and has fanned 201 batters in 205 1/3 total major league frames.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 44
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 28
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)