Jul 29, 2012, 12:40 PM EDT
With elbow injuries, where there’s smoke there’s usually a raging fire. Which is why there is reason to be very concerned about the Rangers’ Neftali Feliz.
He was scratched from a rehab start Sunday at Double-A Frisco because of renewed elbow discomfort, writes MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan, and there is “no word yet on when he will pitch again.”
Feliz has been on the disabled list since late May with a sprained ulnar collateral ligament, an injury that often leads to Tommy John reconstructive elbow surgery. If he needs it, he’ll be out until at least August of 2013.
Feliz, 24, had a 3.16 ERA and 1.20 WHIP in 42 2/3 innings before suffering the UCL sprain.
He owns a stellar 2.67 career ERA and has fanned 201 batters in 205 1/3 total major league frames.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)