Jul 30, 2012, 9:14 AM EDT
“Doc said he was hoping it would be healed a little better than it was,” Pettitte said. “The first two weeks it healed really quick and I feel like we have slowed down a little bit. He said, ‘Let’s try to stay off it a little bit.’ That is where we are at.”
He was originally thought to be on schedule to return at the beginning of September. No word if this hiccup alters the timeline. UPDATE: No, no alteration in the timeline, the Yankees say.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (134)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)