Jul 30, 2012, 11:32 AM EST
And as we said last week, Morneau, sadly, is not what he used to be. He’s effective against righties and would be an upgrade for the teams who are seeking him, however, so a trade could definitely happen. It just wouldn’t be the “OMG superstar!” trade feelings that his name still invokes.
Morenau is hitting .260/.322/.457 with 13 homers, but almost all of that damage has come against righties.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 12
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 81
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)