Jul 30, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
And as we said last week, Morneau, sadly, is not what he used to be. He’s effective against righties and would be an upgrade for the teams who are seeking him, however, so a trade could definitely happen. It just wouldn’t be the “OMG superstar!” trade feelings that his name still invokes.
Morenau is hitting .260/.322/.457 with 13 homers, but almost all of that damage has come against righties.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 65
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 77
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 61
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)