Jul 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Adam Lind missed the past three games with a lower back injury and the Blue Jays have placed him on the disabled list.
Two months ago Lind was dropped from the 40-man roster and sent to Triple-A after the other 29 teams passed on a chance to claim his contract off waivers. He’s returned to hit .288 with five homers and an .850 OPS in 24 games since, so the back problems are a tough break.
He’s not expected to miss much more than the minimum 15 days and the Blue Jays recalled first baseman David Cooper from Triple-A to take Lind’s roster spot.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)