Jul 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Adam Lind missed the past three games with a lower back injury and the Blue Jays have placed him on the disabled list.
Two months ago Lind was dropped from the 40-man roster and sent to Triple-A after the other 29 teams passed on a chance to claim his contract off waivers. He’s returned to hit .288 with five homers and an .850 OPS in 24 games since, so the back problems are a tough break.
He’s not expected to miss much more than the minimum 15 days and the Blue Jays recalled first baseman David Cooper from Triple-A to take Lind’s roster spot.
- The Rockies “aren’t looking around very hard” for a trade of star shortstop Troy Tulowitzki 0
- Jury finds the Dodgers partially negligent, awards $18 million to Bryan Stow 35
- Masahiro Tanaka injured: Yankees ace to undergo an MRI exam on his right arm 60
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing 99
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals “looking for offense” … not Jake Peavy 30
- 2014 Home Run Derby participants … 28
- Billy Beane: The age of “baseball insiders” vs. “baseball outsiders” will soon be over 58
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (101)
- David Ortiz is not pleased that his name got pulled into the John Lackey-Nelson Cruz thing (99)