Jul 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EST
Adam Lind missed the past three games with a lower back injury and the Blue Jays have placed him on the disabled list.
Two months ago Lind was dropped from the 40-man roster and sent to Triple-A after the other 29 teams passed on a chance to claim his contract off waivers. He’s returned to hit .288 with five homers and an .850 OPS in 24 games since, so the back problems are a tough break.
He’s not expected to miss much more than the minimum 15 days and the Blue Jays recalled first baseman David Cooper from Triple-A to take Lind’s roster spot.
- Keith Law Ranks the Farm Systems: Yay for Chicago! Boo for Detroit! 0
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 153
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (153)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)