Jul 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Adam Lind missed the past three games with a lower back injury and the Blue Jays have placed him on the disabled list.
Two months ago Lind was dropped from the 40-man roster and sent to Triple-A after the other 29 teams passed on a chance to claim his contract off waivers. He’s returned to hit .288 with five homers and an .850 OPS in 24 games since, so the back problems are a tough break.
He’s not expected to miss much more than the minimum 15 days and the Blue Jays recalled first baseman David Cooper from Triple-A to take Lind’s roster spot.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)