Jul 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Adam Lind missed the past three games with a lower back injury and the Blue Jays have placed him on the disabled list.
Two months ago Lind was dropped from the 40-man roster and sent to Triple-A after the other 29 teams passed on a chance to claim his contract off waivers. He’s returned to hit .288 with five homers and an .850 OPS in 24 games since, so the back problems are a tough break.
He’s not expected to miss much more than the minimum 15 days and the Blue Jays recalled first baseman David Cooper from Triple-A to take Lind’s roster spot.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 196
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 37
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)