Jul 30, 2012, 11:29 PM EDT
Just when Boston’s season couldn’t get any stupider…
Sweeney was a trade candidate for the Red Sox, and though no deal was believed close, they were still discussing him with teams, including the Reds, according to CSNNE.com’s Sean McAdam. He’s hit .260/.303/.373 in 204 at-bats for Boston this season.
If Sweeney is diagnosed with a break, there’s a good chance the Red Sox will refuse to pay him while he’s out. He’s making $1.75 million this season.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)