Jul 30, 2012, 11:29 PM EST
Just when Boston’s season couldn’t get any stupider…
Sweeney was a trade candidate for the Red Sox, and though no deal was believed close, they were still discussing him with teams, including the Reds, according to CSNNE.com’s Sean McAdam. He’s hit .260/.303/.373 in 204 at-bats for Boston this season.
If Sweeney is diagnosed with a break, there’s a good chance the Red Sox will refuse to pay him while he’s out. He’s making $1.75 million this season.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 10
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 44
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)