Jul 30, 2012, 11:29 PM EDT
Just when Boston’s season couldn’t get any stupider…
Sweeney was a trade candidate for the Red Sox, and though no deal was believed close, they were still discussing him with teams, including the Reds, according to CSNNE.com’s Sean McAdam. He’s hit .260/.303/.373 in 204 at-bats for Boston this season.
If Sweeney is diagnosed with a break, there’s a good chance the Red Sox will refuse to pay him while he’s out. He’s making $1.75 million this season.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?