Jul 30, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
David Ortiz was supposed to do some jogging and hitting prior to last night’s game at Yankee Stadium, but he canceled those plans due to heel soreness and now Enrique Rojas of ESPN Deportes reports that the Red Sox designated hitter is “unlikely” to come off the disabled list when eligible Wednesday.
Ortiz is sidelined by an Achilles’ tendon injury and according to Rojas returning this weekend is now “the most optimistic forecast.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (83)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (76)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (73)