Jul 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The Rays have been shopping James “He’s called ‘Big Games James’ for reasons that are unclear” Shields recently, but it appears that nothing is coming of it. Why? because as Jeff Passan reports, the Rays are still in it and the market for starters just isn’t as rich for the sellers this year as it normally is.
Shields is 8-7 with a 4.53 ERA and leads the league in hits allowed — 156 — in his 137.1 innings of work.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)