Jul 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
The Rays have been shopping James “He’s called ‘Big Games James’ for reasons that are unclear” Shields recently, but it appears that nothing is coming of it. Why? because as Jeff Passan reports, the Rays are still in it and the market for starters just isn’t as rich for the sellers this year as it normally is.
Shields is 8-7 with a 4.53 ERA and leads the league in hits allowed — 156 — in his 137.1 innings of work.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)