Jul 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The Rays have been shopping James “He’s called ‘Big Games James’ for reasons that are unclear” Shields recently, but it appears that nothing is coming of it. Why? because as Jeff Passan reports, the Rays are still in it and the market for starters just isn’t as rich for the sellers this year as it normally is.
Shields is 8-7 with a 4.53 ERA and leads the league in hits allowed — 156 — in his 137.1 innings of work.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)