Jul 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The Rays have been shopping James “He’s called ‘Big Games James’ for reasons that are unclear” Shields recently, but it appears that nothing is coming of it. Why? because as Jeff Passan reports, the Rays are still in it and the market for starters just isn’t as rich for the sellers this year as it normally is.
Shields is 8-7 with a 4.53 ERA and leads the league in hits allowed — 156 — in his 137.1 innings of work.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 30
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)