Jul 30, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
The Rays have been shopping James “He’s called ‘Big Games James’ for reasons that are unclear” Shields recently, but it appears that nothing is coming of it. Why? because as Jeff Passan reports, the Rays are still in it and the market for starters just isn’t as rich for the sellers this year as it normally is.
Shields is 8-7 with a 4.53 ERA and leads the league in hits allowed — 156 — in his 137.1 innings of work.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 11
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 36
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)