Jul 30, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
There have been a fair amount of rumblings and rumors regarding Josh Beckett. But — and this is no surprise — it’s likely not happening.
It’s unlikely the Red Sox will trade Josh Beckett, after talking with a small handful of teams about him.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 30, 2012
Beckett has 10/5 rights, so he would have to approve anything and, though he has said he would “consider” any trade possibilities brought to him, he also says he’d prefer to stay in Boston. Then you figure that (a) he’s sort of at a baseball value nadir at the moment; and (b) he’s owed $15.75 million each of the next two years, it’s hard to see why anyone would want to deal for him.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (77)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (71)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)