Jul 30, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
There have been a fair amount of rumblings and rumors regarding Josh Beckett. But — and this is no surprise — it’s likely not happening.
It’s unlikely the Red Sox will trade Josh Beckett, after talking with a small handful of teams about him.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 30, 2012
Beckett has 10/5 rights, so he would have to approve anything and, though he has said he would “consider” any trade possibilities brought to him, he also says he’d prefer to stay in Boston. Then you figure that (a) he’s sort of at a baseball value nadir at the moment; and (b) he’s owed $15.75 million each of the next two years, it’s hard to see why anyone would want to deal for him.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)