Jul 30, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
There have been a fair amount of rumblings and rumors regarding Josh Beckett. But — and this is no surprise — it’s likely not happening.
It’s unlikely the Red Sox will trade Josh Beckett, after talking with a small handful of teams about him.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 30, 2012
Beckett has 10/5 rights, so he would have to approve anything and, though he has said he would “consider” any trade possibilities brought to him, he also says he’d prefer to stay in Boston. Then you figure that (a) he’s sort of at a baseball value nadir at the moment; and (b) he’s owed $15.75 million each of the next two years, it’s hard to see why anyone would want to deal for him.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)