Jul 30, 2012, 9:42 AM EDT
There have been a fair amount of rumblings and rumors regarding Josh Beckett. But — and this is no surprise — it’s likely not happening.
It’s unlikely the Red Sox will trade Josh Beckett, after talking with a small handful of teams about him.
— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) July 30, 2012
Beckett has 10/5 rights, so he would have to approve anything and, though he has said he would “consider” any trade possibilities brought to him, he also says he’d prefer to stay in Boston. Then you figure that (a) he’s sort of at a baseball value nadir at the moment; and (b) he’s owed $15.75 million each of the next two years, it’s hard to see why anyone would want to deal for him.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)