Jul 30, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
Teixeira said he originally hurt the wrist on Sunday, but he thought he could play through it. He aggravated it on a dive during Monday’s game.
“It’s a big concern,” manager Joe Girardi said. “We’ll keep our fingers crossed.”
With Alex Rodriguez down, it’d be a bad time for Teixeira to land on the disabled list. They’re best option for a callup, Russell Branyan, is coming back from an injury himself. The plan to cover for Teixeira would probably involve moving Nick Swisher to first base and calling up either Jack Cust or Darnell McDonald from Triple-A.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 7
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 214
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (214)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)