Jul 30, 2012, 10:45 PM EST
Teixeira said he originally hurt the wrist on Sunday, but he thought he could play through it. He aggravated it on a dive during Monday’s game.
“It’s a big concern,” manager Joe Girardi said. “We’ll keep our fingers crossed.”
With Alex Rodriguez down, it’d be a bad time for Teixeira to land on the disabled list. They’re best option for a callup, Russell Branyan, is coming back from an injury himself. The plan to cover for Teixeira would probably involve moving Nick Swisher to first base and calling up either Jack Cust or Darnell McDonald from Triple-A.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (82)