Jul 30, 2012, 5:47 PM EST
Last year MacDougal had a nice-looking 2.05 ERA in 69 appearances for the Dodgers, but his 41/29 K/BB ratio in 57 innings was significantly less impressive and this season the 35-year-old coughed up 18 runs in 18 innings at Triple-A for the Cubs.
He’s being paid $1 million as part of a contract signed with the Dodgers, but at this point MacDougal is merely Triple-A depth for the Nationals.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)