Jul 30, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
Last year MacDougal had a nice-looking 2.05 ERA in 69 appearances for the Dodgers, but his 41/29 K/BB ratio in 57 innings was significantly less impressive and this season the 35-year-old coughed up 18 runs in 18 innings at Triple-A for the Cubs.
He’s being paid $1 million as part of a contract signed with the Dodgers, but at this point MacDougal is merely Triple-A depth for the Nationals.
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 0
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 1
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 23
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)