Jul 30, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
Last year MacDougal had a nice-looking 2.05 ERA in 69 appearances for the Dodgers, but his 41/29 K/BB ratio in 57 innings was significantly less impressive and this season the 35-year-old coughed up 18 runs in 18 innings at Triple-A for the Cubs.
He’s being paid $1 million as part of a contract signed with the Dodgers, but at this point MacDougal is merely Triple-A depth for the Nationals.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 18
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 60
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)