Jul 30, 2012, 5:47 PM EST
Last year MacDougal had a nice-looking 2.05 ERA in 69 appearances for the Dodgers, but his 41/29 K/BB ratio in 57 innings was significantly less impressive and this season the 35-year-old coughed up 18 runs in 18 innings at Triple-A for the Cubs.
He’s being paid $1 million as part of a contract signed with the Dodgers, but at this point MacDougal is merely Triple-A depth for the Nationals.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40