Jul 30, 2012, 5:47 PM EDT
Last year MacDougal had a nice-looking 2.05 ERA in 69 appearances for the Dodgers, but his 41/29 K/BB ratio in 57 innings was significantly less impressive and this season the 35-year-old coughed up 18 runs in 18 innings at Triple-A for the Cubs.
He’s being paid $1 million as part of a contract signed with the Dodgers, but at this point MacDougal is merely Triple-A depth for the Nationals.
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 14
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 65
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)