Jul 30, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Texas’ lineup has been brutally bad this month, averaging an AL-worst 3.4 runs per game, so the Rangers will hope that Mitch Moreland‘s return from the disabled list can provide a spark.
Moreland has been out since mid-June with a strained hamstring, but hit .272 with 10 homers and an .838 OPS in 55 games prior to the injury.
In his absence the Rangers have used Michael Young as their primary first baseman while cycling an assortment of players through the designated hitter spot.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)