Jul 30, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Texas’ lineup has been brutally bad this month, averaging an AL-worst 3.4 runs per game, so the Rangers will hope that Mitch Moreland‘s return from the disabled list can provide a spark.
Moreland has been out since mid-June with a strained hamstring, but hit .272 with 10 homers and an .838 OPS in 55 games prior to the injury.
In his absence the Rangers have used Michael Young as their primary first baseman while cycling an assortment of players through the designated hitter spot.
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59