Jul 30, 2012, 11:37 PM EDT
The main Soriano rumors of late have placed him with Ryan Dempster in a possible deal to the Dodgers. The Giants are looking for outfield help with Gregor Blanco fading, but Soriano lacks the defensive range they prefer from their outfielders. They’ve been focused on Philadelphia’s Hunter Pence, according to reports.
Soriano has a full no-trade clause, so he can say no to any scenario he pleases. He’d probably prefer to go to a park that better suits his power stroke than AT&T.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)