Jul 30, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Milwaukee made the move to open up a spot on the 40-man roster for reliever Fautino De Los Santos, who was acquired from Oakland for catcher George Kottaras, but the shift also means Marcum won’t be eligible to return until August 14.
Marcum is an impending free agent, so if healthy the Brewers would likely be shopping him for more prospects after dealing Zack Greinke to the Angels. Instead he’s no sure thing to pitch again this season and the 30-year-old right-hander may have a hard time securing a big-money deal on the open market despite a 3.68 ERA in 141 career starts.
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 1
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 11
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)