Jul 30, 2012, 12:32 PM EST
John Axford and Francisco Rodriguez have basically poured fifteen gallons of kerosene on the last couple of weeks of the Brewers’ season, lit their Zippo lighters, said a bunch of pithy, villainous one-liners, dropped their lighters and walked away over the stream of fire heading towards the building and then didn’t even flinch as the explosion went off behind them. Just ruthless performances in that regard from the both of them. Real Kyzer Soze stuff.
So, logically, the Brewers have done something about it:
Brewers announce they’ve fired bullpen coach Stan Kyles
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 30, 2012
That’s showing ‘em, Doug Melvin. Let everyone know that there is real accountability in Milwaukee. The next guy who answers the bullpen phone and watches with his arms crossed as Axford and K-Rod warm up will know that they gotta mind their Ps and Qs.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)