Jul 30, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
John Axford and Francisco Rodriguez have basically poured fifteen gallons of kerosene on the last couple of weeks of the Brewers’ season, lit their Zippo lighters, said a bunch of pithy, villainous one-liners, dropped their lighters and walked away over the stream of fire heading towards the building and then didn’t even flinch as the explosion went off behind them. Just ruthless performances in that regard from the both of them. Real Kyzer Soze stuff.
So, logically, the Brewers have done something about it:
Brewers announce they’ve fired bullpen coach Stan Kyles
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 30, 2012
That’s showing ‘em, Doug Melvin. Let everyone know that there is real accountability in Milwaukee. The next guy who answers the bullpen phone and watches with his arms crossed as Axford and K-Rod warm up will know that they gotta mind their Ps and Qs.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 35
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)