Jul 30, 2012, 5:31 PM EDT
So this is still happening:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 30, 2012
Can’t imagine that’s going too well for the Cubs. If they liked the Dodgers original offer they never would have moved on to the now-aborted deal to the Braves. And in light of that, if you’re the Dodgers the price you’re willing to pay has not gone up.
Lessons in leverage are often the hardest lesson. The Cubs have very little of it. The Dodgers have more. Ryan Dempster has the most of all.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 35
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 37
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 16
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 61
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29