Jul 30, 2012, 5:31 PM EST
So this is still happening:
— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) July 30, 2012
Can’t imagine that’s going too well for the Cubs. If they liked the Dodgers original offer they never would have moved on to the now-aborted deal to the Braves. And in light of that, if you’re the Dodgers the price you’re willing to pay has not gone up.
Lessons in leverage are often the hardest lesson. The Cubs have very little of it. The Dodgers have more. Ryan Dempster has the most of all.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 0
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 26
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40