Jul 30, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
Jayson Stark reports that, despite shopping Josh Johnson around in the past week, the Marlins are going to hold on to him. This is not exactly shocking given what was reported to be a sky-high asking price for the effective but-often injured starter.
Johnson is 6-7 with a 4.04 ERA on the year and is under the Marlins’ control through next season.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8