Jul 30, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
Jayson Stark reports that, despite shopping Josh Johnson around in the past week, the Marlins are going to hold on to him. This is not exactly shocking given what was reported to be a sky-high asking price for the effective but-often injured starter.
Johnson is 6-7 with a 4.04 ERA on the year and is under the Marlins’ control through next season.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 91
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 27
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)