Jul 30, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that the Phillies have faxed Blanton’s medical records to the Orioles. No word if an agreement is actually in place, though.
No sense whether anything is imminent, but the interest makes sense given that the Orioles’ biggest problem is starting pitching. Blanton isn’t sexy — to most people anyway; some people are into guys like him — but he is solid enough, especially compared to what the Orioles are currently sporting rotation-wise.
Blanton is 8-9 with a 4.59 ERA. He has given up a lot of homers this year, but he doesn’t walk a lot of dudes and has a WHIP of 1.193 which is better than everyone in the O’s rotation.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)