Jul 30, 2012, 6:34 PM EDT
UPDATE: Roch Kubatko of MASNSports.com reports that the Phillies have faxed Blanton’s medical records to the Orioles. No word if an agreement is actually in place, though.
No sense whether anything is imminent, but the interest makes sense given that the Orioles’ biggest problem is starting pitching. Blanton isn’t sexy — to most people anyway; some people are into guys like him — but he is solid enough, especially compared to what the Orioles are currently sporting rotation-wise.
Blanton is 8-9 with a 4.59 ERA. He has given up a lot of homers this year, but he doesn’t walk a lot of dudes and has a WHIP of 1.193 which is better than everyone in the O’s rotation.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 99
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 2
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)