Jul 31, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
UPDATE: Done deal. Victorino to Los Angeles.
Last week reports surfaced that the Reds turned down the Phillies’ offer of Victorino for reliever Logan Ondrusek and since then there’s been other speculation about Philadelphia shopping Victorino for bullpen help.
With the Dodgers acquiring Brandon League from the Mariners last night it makes sense that they’d now be more able to swap a reliever for Victorino and–this is pure guess-work by me–someone like right-hander Josh Lindblom could make sense. Or at least could be who the Phillies ask for in a deal.
UPDATE: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com says it would be Lindblom and a second, unnamed player heading to the Phillies for Victorino and a deal is “close.”
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 0
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)