Jul 31, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
UPDATE: Done deal. Victorino to Los Angeles.
Last week reports surfaced that the Reds turned down the Phillies’ offer of Victorino for reliever Logan Ondrusek and since then there’s been other speculation about Philadelphia shopping Victorino for bullpen help.
With the Dodgers acquiring Brandon League from the Mariners last night it makes sense that they’d now be more able to swap a reliever for Victorino and–this is pure guess-work by me–someone like right-hander Josh Lindblom could make sense. Or at least could be who the Phillies ask for in a deal.
UPDATE: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com says it would be Lindblom and a second, unnamed player heading to the Phillies for Victorino and a deal is “close.”
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)