Jul 31, 2012, 9:45 AM EST
UPDATE: Done deal. Victorino to Los Angeles.
Last week reports surfaced that the Reds turned down the Phillies’ offer of Victorino for reliever Logan Ondrusek and since then there’s been other speculation about Philadelphia shopping Victorino for bullpen help.
With the Dodgers acquiring Brandon League from the Mariners last night it makes sense that they’d now be more able to swap a reliever for Victorino and–this is pure guess-work by me–someone like right-hander Josh Lindblom could make sense. Or at least could be who the Phillies ask for in a deal.
UPDATE: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com says it would be Lindblom and a second, unnamed player heading to the Phillies for Victorino and a deal is “close.”
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 10
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 55
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 139
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (139)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)