Jul 31, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
UPDATE: Done deal. Victorino to Los Angeles.
Last week reports surfaced that the Reds turned down the Phillies’ offer of Victorino for reliever Logan Ondrusek and since then there’s been other speculation about Philadelphia shopping Victorino for bullpen help.
With the Dodgers acquiring Brandon League from the Mariners last night it makes sense that they’d now be more able to swap a reliever for Victorino and–this is pure guess-work by me–someone like right-hander Josh Lindblom could make sense. Or at least could be who the Phillies ask for in a deal.
UPDATE: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com says it would be Lindblom and a second, unnamed player heading to the Phillies for Victorino and a deal is “close.”
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)