Jul 31, 2012, 9:45 AM EDT
UPDATE: Done deal. Victorino to Los Angeles.
Last week reports surfaced that the Reds turned down the Phillies’ offer of Victorino for reliever Logan Ondrusek and since then there’s been other speculation about Philadelphia shopping Victorino for bullpen help.
With the Dodgers acquiring Brandon League from the Mariners last night it makes sense that they’d now be more able to swap a reliever for Victorino and–this is pure guess-work by me–someone like right-hander Josh Lindblom could make sense. Or at least could be who the Phillies ask for in a deal.
UPDATE: Jayson Stark of ESPN.com says it would be Lindblom and a second, unnamed player heading to the Phillies for Victorino and a deal is “close.”
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)