Jul 31, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that Dempster has informed the Cubs he’d waive his 10-and-5 trade veto rights for deals to the Dodgers, Yankees, and Rangers. In other words, Los Angeles has competition.
Ryan Dempster vetoed a potential deal to the Braves last week, leading to all sorts of drama, but it sounds like he’s getting his wish by joining the Dodgers instead.
Jim Bowden of ESPN.com reports that the Dodgers are “getting” Dempster and the two sides merely have the “dotting of i’s and crossing of t’s” to complete the deal.
Los Angeles has been very active adding veteran players, picking up Hanley Ramirez from the Marlins and, just minutes ago, Shane Victorino from the Phillies. And now they’re on the verge of adding Dempster to the rotation alongside Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Chris Capuano, and Aaron Harang.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)