Jul 31, 2012, 2:42 PM EDT
UPDATE: Bruce Levine of ESPN Chicago reports that Dempster has informed the Cubs he’d waive his 10-and-5 trade veto rights for deals to the Dodgers, Yankees, and Rangers. In other words, Los Angeles has competition.
Ryan Dempster vetoed a potential deal to the Braves last week, leading to all sorts of drama, but it sounds like he’s getting his wish by joining the Dodgers instead.
Jim Bowden of ESPN.com reports that the Dodgers are “getting” Dempster and the two sides merely have the “dotting of i’s and crossing of t’s” to complete the deal.
Los Angeles has been very active adding veteran players, picking up Hanley Ramirez from the Marlins and, just minutes ago, Shane Victorino from the Phillies. And now they’re on the verge of adding Dempster to the rotation alongside Clayton Kershaw, Chad Billingsley, Chris Capuano, and Aaron Harang.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 1
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3