Jul 31, 2012, 9:32 AM EDT
Last night Ken Rosenthal reported the potential for a “blockbuster” deal involving the Diamondbacks. That deal, Rosenthal speculated, could involve Justin Upton and could be for a big name pitcher, names currently unknown.
The Dbacks may make a blockbuster move, but according to Bob Nightengale, it won’t include Justin Upton:
— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) July 31, 2012
It was probably too strong to say “rumors of Cliff Lee or Felix Hernandez,” because none of that has been reported as possible or even likely, but the reiteration that Upton is off the table is useful. It tells us that, in all likelihood, the word “blockbuster” may be too strong.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 12
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 16
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 85
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8