Jul 31, 2012, 2:46 AM EDT
Pagan was taken out after six innings with the Giants up 4-2 tonight, and he was missed afterwards, as the Mets went on to win a wild one 8-7 in 10 innings. Gregor Blanco went 0-for-3 after replacing Pagan in center field.
Unlike Sweeney, it appears Pagan avoided serious injury. The early word is that it’s just a bruise and that he’s day-to-day. Sweeney is expected to land on the disabled list with his injury.
Either players will start taking note and figuring out that there are better ways to take out frustration or teams are going to have to start investing in padded Gatorade coolers. Apart from touching Adrian Beltre‘s head, there’s no better way to get hurt in the dugout than punching a wall.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (125)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)