Jul 31, 2012, 2:46 AM EDT
Pagan was taken out after six innings with the Giants up 4-2 tonight, and he was missed afterwards, as the Mets went on to win a wild one 8-7 in 10 innings. Gregor Blanco went 0-for-3 after replacing Pagan in center field.
Unlike Sweeney, it appears Pagan avoided serious injury. The early word is that it’s just a bruise and that he’s day-to-day. Sweeney is expected to land on the disabled list with his injury.
Either players will start taking note and figuring out that there are better ways to take out frustration or teams are going to have to start investing in padded Gatorade coolers. Apart from touching Adrian Beltre‘s head, there’s no better way to get hurt in the dugout than punching a wall.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)