Jul 31, 2012, 2:46 AM EDT
Pagan was taken out after six innings with the Giants up 4-2 tonight, and he was missed afterwards, as the Mets went on to win a wild one 8-7 in 10 innings. Gregor Blanco went 0-for-3 after replacing Pagan in center field.
Unlike Sweeney, it appears Pagan avoided serious injury. The early word is that it’s just a bruise and that he’s day-to-day. Sweeney is expected to land on the disabled list with his injury.
Either players will start taking note and figuring out that there are better ways to take out frustration or teams are going to have to start investing in padded Gatorade coolers. Apart from touching Adrian Beltre‘s head, there’s no better way to get hurt in the dugout than punching a wall.
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 3
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 20
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 26
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 17
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 59
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 43
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)