Jul 31, 2012, 9:12 AM EST
“I haven’t said one thing about anything other than baseball in two weeks,” said Schierholtz, who told the San Francisco Chronicle earlier this month that he would be open to a change of scenery that would give him the opportunity to play every day.
“Nothing has changed at all. My agent knows if anybody is going to say anything (to the Giants), it’s me. I expressed how I felt a couple weeks ago and that was the end of it.”
This could be quibbling about date ranges. And, ultimately, it doesn’t much matter, right? It’s not like Schierholtz has a no-trade clause or that Brian Sabean has to do his bidding. He’s a potentially useful bat for someone and could easily be part of a trade, of course, but it’s not like he’s driving the bus in San Francisco.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 10
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 50
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)