Jul 31, 2012, 5:32 PM EDT
Neftali Feliz‘s season is over, and more than half of his 2013 is gone now too: the Rangers have announced that he’s getting Tommy John surgery.
He’s been on the DL since May with a sprained UCL, but it wasn’t getting better and he was scratched from a rehab start Sunday at Double-A Frisco because of renewed elbow discomfort.
Feliz is still just 24 and, for his career, he has a 2.67 career ERA and 201 strikeouts in 205.1 innings. It’s a common thing to see young fireballers go down like this. But it never gets any less sad.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)