Jul 31, 2012, 5:17 PM EDT
Jim Thome hit reasonably well since jumping into the middle of the Orioles’ lineup a month ago, hitting .261 with two homers and a .746 OPS in 18 games, but now the 41-year-old is on the disabled list with a herniated disk in his neck.
Brittany Ghiroli of MLB.com reports that Thome “will fly to Caifornia to get an epidural” and is eligible to return on August 12, although obviously given his age and history of back and neck problems that’s far from guaranteed.
And hopefully this isn’t the last we’ve seen of Thome.
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot