Jul 31, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: So much for that: Kilgore now reports that the Nationals talked to the Rangers about Torrealba, but “one person involved says ‘it doesn’t look like a fit.’”
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals will likely be in touch with the Rangers about Torrealba as they search for some catching depth after losing Wilson Ramos for the season.
Torrealba is owed about $1.5 million for the remainder of this season and the 34-year-old veteran topped a .700 OPS in three straight seasons before his production dropped off this year.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)