Jul 31, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: So much for that: Kilgore now reports that the Nationals talked to the Rangers about Torrealba, but “one person involved says ‘it doesn’t look like a fit.’”
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals will likely be in touch with the Rangers about Torrealba as they search for some catching depth after losing Wilson Ramos for the season.
Torrealba is owed about $1.5 million for the remainder of this season and the 34-year-old veteran topped a .700 OPS in three straight seasons before his production dropped off this year.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 51
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 46
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 72
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show