Jul 31, 2012, 1:09 PM EDT
UPDATE: So much for that: Kilgore now reports that the Nationals talked to the Rangers about Torrealba, but “one person involved says ‘it doesn’t look like a fit.'”
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals will likely be in touch with the Rangers about Torrealba as they search for some catching depth after losing Wilson Ramos for the season.
Torrealba is owed about $1.5 million for the remainder of this season and the 34-year-old veteran topped a .700 OPS in three straight seasons before his production dropped off this year.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11