Jul 31, 2012, 1:09 PM EST
UPDATE: So much for that: Kilgore now reports that the Nationals talked to the Rangers about Torrealba, but “one person involved says ‘it doesn’t look like a fit.’”
Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that the Nationals will likely be in touch with the Rangers about Torrealba as they search for some catching depth after losing Wilson Ramos for the season.
Torrealba is owed about $1.5 million for the remainder of this season and the 34-year-old veteran topped a .700 OPS in three straight seasons before his production dropped off this year.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 53
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 43
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 49
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)