Jul 31, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
After missing out on Shane Victorino–or perhaps more accurately turning down the Phillies’ offer for him–the Reds have a new trade target for center field and the leadoff spot.
Minnesota fielded offers from the Nationals for Span last year at this time and Ben Revere‘s presence potentially makes him expendable now, although the Twins would presumably need very strong value for a young, good all-around player signed to a reasonable contract.
Miller says the Twins are targeting young starting pitching for Span, who’s hitting .290 with a .356 on-base percentage at age 28.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)