Jul 31, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
After missing out on Shane Victorino–or perhaps more accurately turning down the Phillies’ offer for him–the Reds have a new trade target for center field and the leadoff spot.
Minnesota fielded offers from the Nationals for Span last year at this time and Ben Revere‘s presence potentially makes him expendable now, although the Twins would presumably need very strong value for a young, good all-around player signed to a reasonable contract.
Miller says the Twins are targeting young starting pitching for Span, who’s hitting .290 with a .356 on-base percentage at age 28.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 10
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 38
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires