Jul 31, 2012, 2:04 PM EDT
After missing out on Shane Victorino–or perhaps more accurately turning down the Phillies’ offer for him–the Reds have a new trade target for center field and the leadoff spot.
Minnesota fielded offers from the Nationals for Span last year at this time and Ben Revere‘s presence potentially makes him expendable now, although the Twins would presumably need very strong value for a young, good all-around player signed to a reasonable contract.
Miller says the Twins are targeting young starting pitching for Span, who’s hitting .290 with a .356 on-base percentage at age 28.
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 65
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 44
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 71
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (71)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (70)