Jul 31, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that Sweeney is expected to miss eight weeks with a broken left hand, which would mean at most a late-September return.
Sweeney took to Twitter to apologize, saying:
I Just want to apologize to my teammates,
#RedSox, and fans. I don’t normally loose my cool and this was not an intentional action.
— Ryan Sweeney (@RyanSweeney12) July 31, 2012
And just to update the lifetime standings, doors remain undefeated against players. Walls too.
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 20
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 75
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 48
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 18
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)