Jul 31, 2012, 1:50 PM EST
Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that Sweeney is expected to miss eight weeks with a broken left hand, which would mean at most a late-September return.
Sweeney took to Twitter to apologize, saying:
I Just want to apologize to my teammates,
#RedSox, and fans. I don’t normally loose my cool and this was not an intentional action.
— Ryan Sweeney (@RyanSweeney12) July 31, 2012
And just to update the lifetime standings, doors remain undefeated against players. Walls too.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)