Jul 31, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
The signs still point toward
#Mets keeping Scott Hairston. No change from what they’ve been saying all along.
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) July 31, 2012
Obviously Hairston wouldn’t bring that much in return, but he’s he’s slugging .537, he’s a free agent after the season and the Mets aren’t going anyplace.
I could see not dealing him because nothing good seems to be in the offing because of it, but it would be kinda strange if the Mets are not even shopping him.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)