Jul 31, 2012, 11:32 AM EST
The signs still point toward
#Mets keeping Scott Hairston. No change from what they’ve been saying all along.
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) July 31, 2012
Obviously Hairston wouldn’t bring that much in return, but he’s he’s slugging .537, he’s a free agent after the season and the Mets aren’t going anyplace.
I could see not dealing him because nothing good seems to be in the offing because of it, but it would be kinda strange if the Mets are not even shopping him.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)