Jul 31, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
The signs still point toward
#Mets keeping Scott Hairston. No change from what they’ve been saying all along.
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) July 31, 2012
Obviously Hairston wouldn’t bring that much in return, but he’s he’s slugging .537, he’s a free agent after the season and the Mets aren’t going anyplace.
I could see not dealing him because nothing good seems to be in the offing because of it, but it would be kinda strange if the Mets are not even shopping him.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)