Jul 31, 2012, 11:32 AM EDT
The signs still point toward
#Mets keeping Scott Hairston. No change from what they’ve been saying all along.
— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) July 31, 2012
Obviously Hairston wouldn’t bring that much in return, but he’s he’s slugging .537, he’s a free agent after the season and the Mets aren’t going anyplace.
I could see not dealing him because nothing good seems to be in the offing because of it, but it would be kinda strange if the Mets are not even shopping him.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 21
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 12
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 20
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 72
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)