Jul 31, 2012, 12:02 PM EST
Remember when the Marlins were buyers and traded for Carlos Lee? Wow, that seemed like ten years ago, didn’t it? Well, it was less than a month ago and things change:
Marlins are trying to unload Carlos Lee.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 31, 2012
Fool someone in baseball to trade for Carlos Lee once, shame on you. Fool them twice …
Lee is hitting .271/.388/.343 since being traded to Miami on the Fourth of July. So I guess he’s not useless, but really, Miami isn’t getting diddly squat for him, assuming that anyone even wants him.
UPDATE: Bob Nightengale reports that if the Marlins don’t get any offers for Lee by 4pm today (they won’t), they’ll put him on waivers.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 14
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 28
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)