Jul 31, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Remember when the Marlins were buyers and traded for Carlos Lee? Wow, that seemed like ten years ago, didn’t it? Well, it was less than a month ago and things change:
Marlins are trying to unload Carlos Lee.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 31, 2012
Fool someone in baseball to trade for Carlos Lee once, shame on you. Fool them twice …
Lee is hitting .271/.388/.343 since being traded to Miami on the Fourth of July. So I guess he’s not useless, but really, Miami isn’t getting diddly squat for him, assuming that anyone even wants him.
UPDATE: Bob Nightengale reports that if the Marlins don’t get any offers for Lee by 4pm today (they won’t), they’ll put him on waivers.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 35
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 60
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)