Jul 31, 2012, 12:02 PM EST
Remember when the Marlins were buyers and traded for Carlos Lee? Wow, that seemed like ten years ago, didn’t it? Well, it was less than a month ago and things change:
Marlins are trying to unload Carlos Lee.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 31, 2012
Fool someone in baseball to trade for Carlos Lee once, shame on you. Fool them twice …
Lee is hitting .271/.388/.343 since being traded to Miami on the Fourth of July. So I guess he’s not useless, but really, Miami isn’t getting diddly squat for him, assuming that anyone even wants him.
UPDATE: Bob Nightengale reports that if the Marlins don’t get any offers for Lee by 4pm today (they won’t), they’ll put him on waivers.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (267)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)