Jul 31, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Remember when the Marlins were buyers and traded for Carlos Lee? Wow, that seemed like ten years ago, didn’t it? Well, it was less than a month ago and things change:
Marlins are trying to unload Carlos Lee.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 31, 2012
Fool someone in baseball to trade for Carlos Lee once, shame on you. Fool them twice …
Lee is hitting .271/.388/.343 since being traded to Miami on the Fourth of July. So I guess he’s not useless, but really, Miami isn’t getting diddly squat for him, assuming that anyone even wants him.
UPDATE: Bob Nightengale reports that if the Marlins don’t get any offers for Lee by 4pm today (they won’t), they’ll put him on waivers.
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 22
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 139
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 133
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 36
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (139)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (133)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)