Jul 31, 2012, 12:02 PM EDT
Remember when the Marlins were buyers and traded for Carlos Lee? Wow, that seemed like ten years ago, didn’t it? Well, it was less than a month ago and things change:
Marlins are trying to unload Carlos Lee.
— DKnobler (@DKnobler) July 31, 2012
Fool someone in baseball to trade for Carlos Lee once, shame on you. Fool them twice …
Lee is hitting .271/.388/.343 since being traded to Miami on the Fourth of July. So I guess he’s not useless, but really, Miami isn’t getting diddly squat for him, assuming that anyone even wants him.
UPDATE: Bob Nightengale reports that if the Marlins don’t get any offers for Lee by 4pm today (they won’t), they’ll put him on waivers.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 23
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 30
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)