Jul 31, 2012, 5:06 PM EST
This may be the last deal to spill out after the deadline: the Indians acquired Lars Anderson from the Red Sox for righty Steven Wright.
Anderson was, for a little while there, thought of as a top prospect. He’s struggled so far this year, hitting .259/.359/.415 in 401 plate appearances in his third go-around at Triple-A.
Wright is interesting: he’s 27 and has been smacked around the minors for a few years, but he recently started throwing a knuckleball which he mixes in with his regular stuff. Very 1940s, which I like. He’s a project, though, and while his strikeout rate has ticked up nicely, he’s walking a lot of dudes too. For such is the way of the knuckleball in inexperienced hands.
Visions of Tim Wakefield? Not likely. But a boy can dream, can’t he?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)