Jul 31, 2012, 5:06 PM EDT
This may be the last deal to spill out after the deadline: the Indians acquired Lars Anderson from the Red Sox for righty Steven Wright.
Anderson was, for a little while there, thought of as a top prospect. He’s struggled so far this year, hitting .259/.359/.415 in 401 plate appearances in his third go-around at Triple-A.
Wright is interesting: he’s 27 and has been smacked around the minors for a few years, but he recently started throwing a knuckleball which he mixes in with his regular stuff. Very 1940s, which I like. He’s a project, though, and while his strikeout rate has ticked up nicely, he’s walking a lot of dudes too. For such is the way of the knuckleball in inexperienced hands.
Visions of Tim Wakefield? Not likely. But a boy can dream, can’t he?
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 0
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 86
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 16
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (87)