Aug 1, 2012, 11:22 PM EDT
Cory Kluber will be called up on Thursday afternoon to fill the roster vacancy. He’s scheduled to start Thursday night’s series-finale against the Royals.
Lowe was hammered for seven runs on eight hits in just 2 1/3 innings Tuesday against the Royals, lifting his season ERA to 5.52. He has an 8.80 ERA and 26/27 K/BB ratio over his last 12 outings.
The 39-year-old right-hander may struggle to draw interest from other teams once he hits the open market.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)