Aug 1, 2012, 11:22 PM EST
Cory Kluber will be called up on Thursday afternoon to fill the roster vacancy. He’s scheduled to start Thursday night’s series-finale against the Royals.
Lowe was hammered for seven runs on eight hits in just 2 1/3 innings Tuesday against the Royals, lifting his season ERA to 5.52. He has an 8.80 ERA and 26/27 K/BB ratio over his last 12 outings.
The 39-year-old right-hander may struggle to draw interest from other teams once he hits the open market.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 10
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 73
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)