Aug 1, 2012, 11:22 PM EDT
Cory Kluber will be called up on Thursday afternoon to fill the roster vacancy. He’s scheduled to start Thursday night’s series-finale against the Royals.
Lowe was hammered for seven runs on eight hits in just 2 1/3 innings Tuesday against the Royals, lifting his season ERA to 5.52. He has an 8.80 ERA and 26/27 K/BB ratio over his last 12 outings.
The 39-year-old right-hander may struggle to draw interest from other teams once he hits the open market.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)