Aug 1, 2012, 11:22 PM EST
Cory Kluber will be called up on Thursday afternoon to fill the roster vacancy. He’s scheduled to start Thursday night’s series-finale against the Royals.
Lowe was hammered for seven runs on eight hits in just 2 1/3 innings Tuesday against the Royals, lifting his season ERA to 5.52. He has an 8.80 ERA and 26/27 K/BB ratio over his last 12 outings.
The 39-year-old right-hander may struggle to draw interest from other teams once he hits the open market.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 53
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 31
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)