Aug 1, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Joba Chamberlain returned from his broken ankle (not to mention Tommy John surgery) and made his season debut this afternoon, throwing 1.2 innings in the Yankees’ blowout win over the Orioles.
His tossed 16 fastballs at an average of 92.0 miles per hour, maxing out at 93.1 mph, and both his slider and changeup were in the mid-80s. Chamberlain threw a total of 28 pitches, with 16 of them for strikes.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 105
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 17
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 38
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 41
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 351
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (352)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (193)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)