Aug 1, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Joba Chamberlain returned from his broken ankle (not to mention Tommy John surgery) and made his season debut this afternoon, throwing 1.2 innings in the Yankees’ blowout win over the Orioles.
His tossed 16 fastballs at an average of 92.0 miles per hour, maxing out at 93.1 mph, and both his slider and changeup were in the mid-80s. Chamberlain threw a total of 28 pitches, with 16 of them for strikes.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)