Aug 1, 2012, 4:46 PM EST
Joba Chamberlain returned from his broken ankle (not to mention Tommy John surgery) and made his season debut this afternoon, throwing 1.2 innings in the Yankees’ blowout win over the Orioles.
His tossed 16 fastballs at an average of 92.0 miles per hour, maxing out at 93.1 mph, and both his slider and changeup were in the mid-80s. Chamberlain threw a total of 28 pitches, with 16 of them for strikes.
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal 0
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (97)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (86)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)