Aug 1, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Joba Chamberlain returned from his broken ankle (not to mention Tommy John surgery) and made his season debut this afternoon, throwing 1.2 innings in the Yankees’ blowout win over the Orioles.
His tossed 16 fastballs at an average of 92.0 miles per hour, maxing out at 93.1 mph, and both his slider and changeup were in the mid-80s. Chamberlain threw a total of 28 pitches, with 16 of them for strikes.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 11
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 14
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 26
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (99)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)