Aug 1, 2012, 4:46 PM EDT
Joba Chamberlain returned from his broken ankle (not to mention Tommy John surgery) and made his season debut this afternoon, throwing 1.2 innings in the Yankees’ blowout win over the Orioles.
His tossed 16 fastballs at an average of 92.0 miles per hour, maxing out at 93.1 mph, and both his slider and changeup were in the mid-80s. Chamberlain threw a total of 28 pitches, with 16 of them for strikes.
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 0
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 14
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 37
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 181
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 38
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (181)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)