Aug 1, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
Bobby Valentine was on WEEI this afternoon and he said that he doesn’t think Josh Beckett will need to be placed on the disabled list due to his back spasms.
Thank goodness. Because if he went on the DL, you just know someone would follow him around and take a picture of him bending over to tie his shoe or something, and then all hell will break loose again because that’s how Boston rolls.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 59
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 52
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 21
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29