Aug 1, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
When in recess, Supreme Court justices tend to go on cushy boondoggles in tropical paradises where they deliver a couple of lectures about the law or something while dining on the finest meats and cheeses.
Not Justice Sotomayor, however. She was in the right field bleachers at Yankee Stadium today:
The Supreme Court justice and Bronx native attended the Yankees’ game against Baltimore on Wednesday and sat in Section 203 of the right-field stands for the first-inning “Roll Call” of New York’s starting lineup.
Usually seen on the Supreme Court bench next to Stephen Breyer, she sat next to “Bald Vinny” Milano in a section where tickets cost $20 and $23.
Normally she sits next to “Bald Steven.”
Not that Sotomayor isn’t getting the hang of this “go to nicer places when not working” thing:
The Yankees said Sotomayor moved to better seats after Roll Call.
Youse fancypants, all a youse.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 71
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)