Aug 1, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
When in recess, Supreme Court justices tend to go on cushy boondoggles in tropical paradises where they deliver a couple of lectures about the law or something while dining on the finest meats and cheeses.
Not Justice Sotomayor, however. She was in the right field bleachers at Yankee Stadium today:
The Supreme Court justice and Bronx native attended the Yankees’ game against Baltimore on Wednesday and sat in Section 203 of the right-field stands for the first-inning “Roll Call” of New York’s starting lineup.
Usually seen on the Supreme Court bench next to Stephen Breyer, she sat next to “Bald Vinny” Milano in a section where tickets cost $20 and $23.
Normally she sits next to “Bald Steven.”
Not that Sotomayor isn’t getting the hang of this “go to nicer places when not working” thing:
The Yankees said Sotomayor moved to better seats after Roll Call.
Youse fancypants, all a youse.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)