Aug 1, 2012, 5:00 PM EDT
When in recess, Supreme Court justices tend to go on cushy boondoggles in tropical paradises where they deliver a couple of lectures about the law or something while dining on the finest meats and cheeses.
Not Justice Sotomayor, however. She was in the right field bleachers at Yankee Stadium today:
The Supreme Court justice and Bronx native attended the Yankees’ game against Baltimore on Wednesday and sat in Section 203 of the right-field stands for the first-inning “Roll Call” of New York’s starting lineup.
Usually seen on the Supreme Court bench next to Stephen Breyer, she sat next to “Bald Vinny” Milano in a section where tickets cost $20 and $23.
Normally she sits next to “Bald Steven.”
Not that Sotomayor isn’t getting the hang of this “go to nicer places when not working” thing:
The Yankees said Sotomayor moved to better seats after Roll Call.
Youse fancypants, all a youse.
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 0
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 1
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)