Aug 1, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
He showed up to the home clubhouse at Rangers Ballpark a few hours later and was still a bit woozy but told reporters the procedure was a success.
Now begins a long road of rehab and recovery.
If all goes smoothly for Feliz, he could be back in the major leagues at some point in August of 2013. The 24-year-old posted a 3.16 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 37/23 K/BB ratio in 42 2/3 innings this season. He owns a 2.67 career ERA, 0.998 career WHIP and 8.8 career K/9.
- Dustin Pedroia returns to Red Sox starting lineup 1
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 94
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 11
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 230
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (230)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (105)