Aug 1, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
He showed up to the home clubhouse at Rangers Ballpark a few hours later and was still a bit woozy but told reporters the procedure was a success.
Now begins a long road of rehab and recovery.
If all goes smoothly for Feliz, he could be back in the major leagues at some point in August of 2013. The 24-year-old posted a 3.16 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 37/23 K/BB ratio in 42 2/3 innings this season. He owns a 2.67 career ERA, 0.998 career WHIP and 8.8 career K/9.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 35
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)