Aug 1, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
He showed up to the home clubhouse at Rangers Ballpark a few hours later and was still a bit woozy but told reporters the procedure was a success.
Now begins a long road of rehab and recovery.
If all goes smoothly for Feliz, he could be back in the major leagues at some point in August of 2013. The 24-year-old posted a 3.16 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 37/23 K/BB ratio in 42 2/3 innings this season. He owns a 2.67 career ERA, 0.998 career WHIP and 8.8 career K/9.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 16
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 9
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 26
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 23
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)