Aug 1, 2012, 8:18 PM EDT
He showed up to the home clubhouse at Rangers Ballpark a few hours later and was still a bit woozy but told reporters the procedure was a success.
Now begins a long road of rehab and recovery.
If all goes smoothly for Feliz, he could be back in the major leagues at some point in August of 2013. The 24-year-old posted a 3.16 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 37/23 K/BB ratio in 42 2/3 innings this season. He owns a 2.67 career ERA, 0.998 career WHIP and 8.8 career K/9.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 21
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)