Aug 1, 2012, 8:18 PM EST
He showed up to the home clubhouse at Rangers Ballpark a few hours later and was still a bit woozy but told reporters the procedure was a success.
Now begins a long road of rehab and recovery.
If all goes smoothly for Feliz, he could be back in the major leagues at some point in August of 2013. The 24-year-old posted a 3.16 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 37/23 K/BB ratio in 42 2/3 innings this season. He owns a 2.67 career ERA, 0.998 career WHIP and 8.8 career K/9.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)