Aug 1, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
Unlike last week’s aborted trade to the Braves, Ryan Dempster made sure he was in the loop yesterday before getting sent to Texas:
Ryan Dempster sat in the Cubs offices as the 3 p.m. trade deadline neared Tuesday, playing Golden Tee and watching the rumors about his fate played out on the MLB Network. With 4 minutes, 53 seconds on the countdown ticker, according to Dempster’s estimation, he approved a trade to the Rangers for a pair of low-level prospects.
Why would anyone want to leave a team that has Golden Tee in the office?
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 5
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 23
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 37
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL