Aug 1, 2012, 10:03 AM EDT
Unlike last week’s aborted trade to the Braves, Ryan Dempster made sure he was in the loop yesterday before getting sent to Texas:
Ryan Dempster sat in the Cubs offices as the 3 p.m. trade deadline neared Tuesday, playing Golden Tee and watching the rumors about his fate played out on the MLB Network. With 4 minutes, 53 seconds on the countdown ticker, according to Dempster’s estimation, he approved a trade to the Rangers for a pair of low-level prospects.
Why would anyone want to leave a team that has Golden Tee in the office?
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (210)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (121)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)