Aug 1, 2012, 10:03 AM EST
Unlike last week’s aborted trade to the Braves, Ryan Dempster made sure he was in the loop yesterday before getting sent to Texas:
Ryan Dempster sat in the Cubs offices as the 3 p.m. trade deadline neared Tuesday, playing Golden Tee and watching the rumors about his fate played out on the MLB Network. With 4 minutes, 53 seconds on the countdown ticker, according to Dempster’s estimation, he approved a trade to the Rangers for a pair of low-level prospects.
Why would anyone want to leave a team that has Golden Tee in the office?
- Dodgers re-sign left-handed reliever J.P. Howell to a two-year, $11.5 million contract 1
- Cubs sign reliever Jose Veras to one-year pact 1
- Report: MLB recorded record revenues in 2013 32
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts 70
- Diamondbacks trade for White Sox closer Addison Reed 28
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)