Aug 1, 2012, 10:03 AM EST
Unlike last week’s aborted trade to the Braves, Ryan Dempster made sure he was in the loop yesterday before getting sent to Texas:
Ryan Dempster sat in the Cubs offices as the 3 p.m. trade deadline neared Tuesday, playing Golden Tee and watching the rumors about his fate played out on the MLB Network. With 4 minutes, 53 seconds on the countdown ticker, according to Dempster’s estimation, he approved a trade to the Rangers for a pair of low-level prospects.
Why would anyone want to leave a team that has Golden Tee in the office?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)