Aug 1, 2012, 1:31 PM EST
A reader writes:
I just received this email from the Red Sox apparently pleading with me to buy tickets to tonight’s game. The catch is that I’ve never been on any Red Sox email list nor ever gotten an email from the club before, except past ticket-buying confirmations from redsox.com and the like. The point is, they’ve never sent this kind of email before out of the blue and to a listserv that they apparently just decided to pillage from their databases.
I know they’re extremely paranoid about losing the sellout streak and it’s just very interesting to see how stark their pitches to sell tickets have become. They are—dare we say it—starting to have to do what other teams have to do!
I blame Beckett. Boooooo!
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 43
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 36
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 117
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)