Aug 2, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
Bobby Parnell hasn’t exactly been unhittable lately as the fill-in closer and Francisco threw shutout ball in each of his last four rehab outings, so he may reclaim ninth-inning duties pretty quickly.
Of course, Francisco had a 4.97 ERA and allowed 47 baserunners in 29 innings before the DL stint, so it would also be tough to blame manager Terry Collins for easing him back into high-leverage situations.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)