Aug 2, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Bobby Parnell hasn’t exactly been unhittable lately as the fill-in closer and Francisco threw shutout ball in each of his last four rehab outings, so he may reclaim ninth-inning duties pretty quickly.
Of course, Francisco had a 4.97 ERA and allowed 47 baserunners in 29 innings before the DL stint, so it would also be tough to blame manager Terry Collins for easing him back into high-leverage situations.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (244)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (147)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)