Aug 2, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Bobby Parnell hasn’t exactly been unhittable lately as the fill-in closer and Francisco threw shutout ball in each of his last four rehab outings, so he may reclaim ninth-inning duties pretty quickly.
Of course, Francisco had a 4.97 ERA and allowed 47 baserunners in 29 innings before the DL stint, so it would also be tough to blame manager Terry Collins for easing him back into high-leverage situations.
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims