Aug 2, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Bobby Parnell hasn’t exactly been unhittable lately as the fill-in closer and Francisco threw shutout ball in each of his last four rehab outings, so he may reclaim ninth-inning duties pretty quickly.
Of course, Francisco had a 4.97 ERA and allowed 47 baserunners in 29 innings before the DL stint, so it would also be tough to blame manager Terry Collins for easing him back into high-leverage situations.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 49
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)