Aug 2, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Bobby Parnell hasn’t exactly been unhittable lately as the fill-in closer and Francisco threw shutout ball in each of his last four rehab outings, so he may reclaim ninth-inning duties pretty quickly.
Of course, Francisco had a 4.97 ERA and allowed 47 baserunners in 29 innings before the DL stint, so it would also be tough to blame manager Terry Collins for easing him back into high-leverage situations.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 25
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)